This weekend (August 12th) the New York Women’s Surf Film Festival will be hosting the second half of their film series at the Montauk Beach House on Long Island, New York. Each year we love seeing the amazing selection of films curated for what’s certainly one of the highlights of our summer, celebrating the amazing culture and aloha that has such a special place in our lives.
If you’re around Montauk this weekend please join us as we support and celebrate these outstanding films.
Below you’ll find the schedule and a selection of stills from a few films featured at this year’s festival.
See you there.
2017 FESTIVAL PROGRAM MONTAUK, SAT AUGUST 12TH
7:00PM – 8:00PM Doors open and meet and greet with guest filmmakers and surfers
8:00PM – 8:30PM Opening Reception
8:30PM – 9:30PM Film Screenings
- Cold Lines by Claudia Lederer
- Longboarding Icon Belinda Baggs Might be the Perfect Surf Mom by The Inertia
- Sea Lone by Luca Merli
- Pear Shaped by Lauren Hill
- The Legend of Iron Sea Horse by Casey Acaster, Evan Adamson, and Alex Haro
- Sliding into the Light by Crystal Thornburg-Homcy and Simon Beins
- Mood By Fran MIller
- A woman’s guide to surfing New Zealand by Apolla Echino
- Alison’s Adventures Maldives by Alison Teal & Mark Tipple
9:30PM – 10:00PM Intermission & Draw Raffle
10:00PM – 10:45PM Film Screening of Blue Road – Alena Ehrenbold